This wiki is about GRANDVIEW, a residential, commercial and light industrial neighbourhood in Vancouver, B.C., centred on Commercial Drive. It is bounded on the west by Clark Drive, to the north by Burrard Inlet, by Nanaimo Street to the east, and Broadway in the south.
Within this wiki -- a continual work in progress, just begun -- we hope to capture and organize all the interesting items of historical and heritage value within the neighbourhood. These items can be categorized in various ways.
- The History, in broad strokes;
- The Streets of Grandview, each with their own histories, and the houses on them;
- The Parks of Grandview;
- The Individuals who have lived and worked here;
- The Businesses and Professionals that operated within the district; and,
- The wide range of Groups and Organizations available to help residents in one way or another.
It is worth repeating that this project has only recently been started, and we expect that each time you visit, a new batch of information will have been published. Until a certain critical mass of data has been entered, we will keep the wiki as a read-only encyclopedia. However, we know that often you will have important material -- text, photographs, documents -- that will correct or extend our knowledge. We urge you to send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what you have.