We had another interesting meeting last Thursday evening.
- Claire Shepansky gave an excellent presentation on her recent project which was to document and analyze the residential displacement caused by the building of the Britannia Community Centre in 1973-1974.
- The regular monthly feature on Neighbourhood Changes discussed Heritage Conservation Areas (as is being mooted for Mole Hill in the West End); the renewal of porches and balconies, the upcoming public hearing for the Brookhouse HRA, and a number of recent real estate activity of interest to heritage;
- A discussion of upcoming Events included an Architectural Salvage Sale, walking tours in Mount Pleasant, Downtown, and the PNE, and various fall workshops;
- This year’s Centenary Signs project continues with seven new signs going up this week; we will celebrate them in September;
- It was agreed that the summer season meetings of July and August will be cancelled this year. Our next meeting will be on 15 September.