Next Meeting — October 19th

After our usual summer break, the Grandview Heritage Group would normally have resumed its regular schedule of meetings this coming Thursday.  However, that meeting clashes with a very important meeting regarding the future of Britannia Community Centre which has been booked for the same date from 6:00pm, to 9:00pm in Gym D.

While we consider our meetings to be important events, the future of Britannia is of such supreme concern to so many residents that we feel obliged to ensure those many members of GHG who will want to participate in the Britannia discussions the ability to do so without distraction.

Our apologies to those looking forward to a resumption of GHG activities this month..

The first meeting of our new season will therefore begin at 7:00pm on October 19th at the Britannia Board Room, Napier Street.  We will post a more detailed message closer to that date.

 

The June Meeting

It’s that time of the month again — another Grandview Heritage Group meeting!  We will meet at

7:00pm Thursday 15th June, Britannia Board Room, Napier Street

As usual, we will have an open agenda that will include our monthly review of Neighbourhood Changes, confirmation of the Plaque Reveal day for the Oldest House in Grandview, and discussions about GHG’s table at No Car Day in July. No doubt there will be a  number of other heritage and historical issues that come up.

Come along and join the conversation!

 

 

Next Meeting: Thursday 18th May

The next meeting of the Grandview Heritage Group will take place this Thursday, 18th May, beginning at 7:00pm.   We will meet at the Britannia Boardroom in the Info Centre on Napier Street.

As usual, we have an open agenda but we will certainly be discussing the regular Monthly Neighbourhood update, our plans for No Car Day, the plaque for the Oldest house in Grandview, and celebrating GHG’s 6th anniversary. No doubt there will be additional matters to attract our attention.

Everyone is welcome and we look forward to seeing many of you on Thursday!

Meeting Announcement

The regular monthly meeting for April has been cancelled.  We will meet again on Thursday 18th May.  A reminder and a review of the agenda will be published closer to that date.

We have cancelled the April meeting in order that members may attend what we believe will be a very interesting talk on “Learning and Community Growth” given by Asa Kachan, head librarian at Halifax Public Library.  The talk is part of the Britannia Renewal Speakers’ Series and will take place in Britannia Library at 7:00pm on Thursday 20th April.

Hope to see you there.

Next Meeting: 16th March

Yes, the next GHG meeting is just a couple of days away!

We meet at 7:00pm on Thursday in the Britannia Board Room on Napier.

As usual, we have a very loose agenda, and we welcome other topics that are of interest to you.  This month we will have

  • What’s Happening in the Neighbourhood?  Eric’s monthly review of, mostly, physical changes in Grandview;
  • Jak will give a brief overview of the GV Database’s growth and future;
  • Final decisions on Donato’s Plaque for the oldest house in Grandview;
  • Photographs of the Crystal Dairy and where was that fleet yard?
  • Whatever is on your mind about heritage and the neighbourhood.

Come join us. The conversations are always interesting.

Next Meeting: Thursday 16th February

Yes, it’s go to meeting time again!  We will met as usual at:

Britannia Boardroom, Napier Street at 7:00pm on Thursday 16th February 2017

The agenda is always open to suggestions from those at the meeting, but I am sure we will touch upon:

  • What’s happening in the neighbourhood;
  • City of Vancouver’s new Heritage Evaluation system,
  • St. Francis of Assisi development project;
  • Final edit on Donato’s plaque (oldest house in GV);
  • Developments in the GV database;
  • Early prep for No Car Day display

Plus lots more!   See you there!

Next Meeting: 20th October

It’s that time again; the monthly meeting of the Grandview Heritage Group will take place at: 7:00pm Thursday 20th October in the Britannia Boardroom, Napier Street.

The agenda this month will include:

  • Neighbourhood Update;
  • A brief presentation on “What might have been” instead of Joe’s Cafe;
  • Two heritage house hacks from Eric
  • Complete Streets — effect on heritage?

As usual, our agenda is always open to any items of interest to the group that you may want to discuss.

Hope to see many of you there on Thursday!