The next monthly meeting of the Grandview Heritage Group is this coming Thursday, 20th June, at 7:00pm. As usual, we will meet in the Britannia Board Room on Napier.
The proposed agenda for the meeting includes:
- An early land transaction and its place in Commercial Drive history
- Historical property values
- Summer meetings
- Car-free day: What do we want to do present this year?
- A search for a “Tribute to Mining” mosaic – Greg Snider
- Around the neighbourhood – Eric
We are always happy to add any other topics that may be of interest.
Hope to see you all on Thursday!
The next Grandview Heritage Group meeting is this Thursday, 18th October, at 7:00pm in the Britannia Boardroom on Napier Street.
This month’s agenda will include:
- A circa 1908 postcard view of Commercial Drive;
- The influence of the Storybook style in Grandview;
- Around the neighbourhood, a review.
As usual, our agenda is open to any other notes of interest that you may wish to discuss. Everyone is welcome, so come and join us!
[My apologies for the lateness of this posting].
After our usual summer break, the Grandview Heritage Group will commence its next series of monthly meetings this coming Thursday, 20th September, at 7:00pm in the Britannia Boardroom on Napier.
We are still finalising the agenda but it will include:
- a presentation by Patrick Gunn of the Heritage Vancouver Society on their magnificent Building Permits Database;
- a discussion led by developer James Evans regarding the future of the St. Clare’s nunnery portion of the Sr. Francis of Assisi estate on Semlin.
There will be plenty of other matters to discuss, including any topics you may wish to raise. Everyone is welcome, so come and join us!
My apologies for the lateness of this posting.
The next meeting of the Grandview Heritage Group will take place at 7:00pm on Thursday 21st June at the Britannia Info Boardroom, Napier Street. This month’s agenda is scheduled to include:
- A short movie presented by Michael Kluckner;
- An update on Hawi’ian house histories;
- Eric on old magazines;
- An update on the Shelley’s sign;
- An update on the Centenary Houses signs;
- A final review for Car Free Day in July;
- Neighbourhood Update
Our agenda is always flexible and open; if there are other items of heritage or historical interest you would like to add, come along and we’ll be happy to chat!
Time flies, and it is already time for our next meeting. As usual it will be at the Britannia Boardroom at 7:00pm on Thursday 17th May. The agenda this month will include:
- issues concerning the physical moving of heritage houses;
- more on the 1908 panorama image of Grandview;
- developments at the Hollywood Theatre (as a precursor to possible developments at the Rio);
- the sale and development of St. Clare’s Convent;
- 2018 century signs project;
- Neighbourhood Update
As usual, we are open for, and indeed welcome, any other discussions to do with the heritage and history of our wonderful neighbourhood.
See you there!
Another month, another meeting! The Grandview Heritage Group’s next meeting is this coming Thursday, 19th April, at 7:00pm in the Britannia Boardroom on the Napier Greenway.
We will have our usual wide-ranging and open agenda which this week will include:
- Beaver Kit homes;
- A 1909 Panorama image;
- More on 1829 Parker Street;
- A look at the Hollywood Theatre plan as a potential precursor to the Rio development;
- Repairing the Shelley’s sign;
- An update on GHG website maintenance;
- Eric’s Neighbourhood Review;
- Centenary Signs update;
- Car Free Day update;
We are always happy to add items that YOU might want to discuss.
Everyone is welcome, so come along and join us!
The next meeting of the Grandview Heritage Group is this coming Thursday, 15th March, at 7:00pm. We meet in the Britannia Boardroom on Napier Street.
This month’s agenda will include, in no particular order:
- the restoration of a heritage fireplace in Grandview’s oldest house;
- heritage brick, including those used for street paving;
- a visit from the Mount Pleasant Heritage Group regarding their use of posters in Heritage Week and how we might follow next year;
- A trip down nostalgia lane: photographs from 1985;
- a teaser perhaps on the ongoing history work taking place regarding Parker Street;
- the monthly neighbourhood update.
Plus any other topic that attendees would like us to discuss. Everyone is welcome to attend and we look forward to seeing you on Thursday!
The next meeting of the Grandview Heritage Group is on Thursday 15th February at 7:00pm. As usual, we meet in the Britannia Boardroom on Napier.
This month’s agenda will include:
- a presentation by Michael Kluckner on player pianos and rec rooms;
- a discussion regarding the Shelley’s sign;
- a presentation on a special tool useful for heritage renovation;
- a presentation regarding threatened houses on Grant Street;
- the 2018 Centenary House Signs campaign;
- the 2018 Car Free Day table;
- Eric’s Neighbourhood Update
We always welcome other items of heritage and historical interest, so come along and add your particular item to the agenda.
Hope to see many of you there!
We won’t be having a December meeting — too close to Christmas and holiday season — so our next meeting will be Thursday, January 18th. As usual, we will meet in the Britannia Boardroom at 7:00 p.m.
We’ll post another reminder a few days before we meet.
Our agenda is always flexible and our discussions are always educational and entertaining. And, of course, everyone is welcome! Do come and join us!
The next meeting of the Grandview Heritage Group is scheduled for 7:00pm on Thursday 16th November. We will met in the Britannia Board Room on Napier.
As usual, we have an open agenda, so please feel free to bring along any ideas and questions you may have about Grandview’s history and heritage.
We look forward to seeing many of you there!