It’s that time of the month again — another Grandview Heritage Group meeting! We will meet at
7:00pm Thursday 15th June, Britannia Board Room, Napier Street
As usual, we will have an open agenda that will include our monthly review of Neighbourhood Changes, confirmation of the Plaque Reveal day for the Oldest House in Grandview, and discussions about GHG’s table at No Car Day in July. No doubt there will be a number of other heritage and historical issues that come up.
Come along and join the conversation!
The next meeting of the Grandview Heritage Group will take place this Thursday, 18th May, beginning at 7:00pm. We will meet at the Britannia Boardroom in the Info Centre on Napier Street.
As usual, we have an open agenda but we will certainly be discussing the regular Monthly Neighbourhood update, our plans for No Car Day, the plaque for the Oldest house in Grandview, and celebrating GHG’s 6th anniversary. No doubt there will be additional matters to attract our attention.
Everyone is welcome and we look forward to seeing many of you on Thursday!
The regular monthly meeting for April has been cancelled. We will meet again on Thursday 18th May. A reminder and a review of the agenda will be published closer to that date.
We have cancelled the April meeting in order that members may attend what we believe will be a very interesting talk on “Learning and Community Growth” given by Asa Kachan, head librarian at Halifax Public Library. The talk is part of the Britannia Renewal Speakers’ Series and will take place in Britannia Library at 7:00pm on Thursday 20th April.
Hope to see you there.
Yes, the next GHG meeting is just a couple of days away!
We meet at 7:00pm on Thursday in the Britannia Board Room on Napier.
As usual, we have a very loose agenda, and we welcome other topics that are of interest to you. This month we will have
- What’s Happening in the Neighbourhood? Eric’s monthly review of, mostly, physical changes in Grandview;
- Jak will give a brief overview of the GV Database’s growth and future;
- Final decisions on Donato’s Plaque for the oldest house in Grandview;
- Photographs of the Crystal Dairy and where was that fleet yard?
- Whatever is on your mind about heritage and the neighbourhood.
Come join us. The conversations are always interesting.
Yes, it’s go to meeting time again! We will met as usual at:
Britannia Boardroom, Napier Street at 7:00pm on Thursday 16th February 2017
The agenda is always open to suggestions from those at the meeting, but I am sure we will touch upon:
- What’s happening in the neighbourhood;
- City of Vancouver’s new Heritage Evaluation system,
- St. Francis of Assisi development project;
- Final edit on Donato’s plaque (oldest house in GV);
- Developments in the GV database;
- Early prep for No Car Day display
Plus lots more! See you there!
The Grandview Heritage Group will be commencing our 2017 season of meetings this coming Thursday, 19th January, at 7:00pm, in the Boardroom at Britannia Info Centre on Napier Street.
We have an open agenda and look forward to seeing many of you there!
This is a notice that the Grandview Heritage Group will not be having their regular meeting in December. Therefore, our next meeting will be on:
19th January, 2017 at 7:00pm in the Britannia Boardroom
We will be sending a reminder to the mailing list closer to the date.
Another month speeds by, and we are back for another Grandview Heritage Group meeting.
- 7:00pm Thursday 17th November, Britannia Boardroom
Completely open agenda this month, so come along and chat about what interests you regarding our wonderful neighbourhood, its history, and its heritage.
See you there!
It’s that time again; the monthly meeting of the Grandview Heritage Group will take place at: 7:00pm Thursday 20th October in the Britannia Boardroom, Napier Street.
The agenda this month will include:
- Neighbourhood Update;
- A brief presentation on “What might have been” instead of Joe’s Cafe;
- Two heritage house hacks from Eric
- Complete Streets — effect on heritage?
As usual, our agenda is always open to any items of interest to the group that you may want to discuss.
Hope to see many of you there on Thursday!
Our summer break is over, and the Grandview Heritage Group is ready to begin its 6th season of public meetings. The next meeting is on:
Thursday 15th September, 7:00pm at Britannia Board Room, Napier Street
The agenda will include:
- an important historical presentation about the oldest house still existing in Grandview;
- our Centenary House celebrations for 2016;
- what’s happening in the neighbourhood;
- and an important discussion regarding the Heritage Group and how it moves forward into the future.
We would not be surprised if other matters come up for discussion too.
The meeting is open to everyone and we look forward to seeing many of you there on Thursday evening!